Sounded a little tart for my palate, but it turns out to be dynamite! I found the base recipe at vegalicious. Here is my version which made 6 pretty small muffins:
1/2 cup whole wheat pasty flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoons baking powder
dash of salt
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/2 cup soy yogurt (all I had was peach)
1 1/2 T applesauce + 1 t vegetable oil
1 T lemon juice
1 egg replacement
squirt of lemon extract
3/4 cup raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- In a large bowl, mix together the soy yogurt, applesauce, oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, egg replacements and lemon extract.
- Add sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gently stir in the raspberries.
- Spoon batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until toothpick comes out clean
Not only were these REALLY GOOD, but they were a beautiful color. I used frozen raspberries and included some of the juice when I added the raspberries to the batter.