So, I’m working on trying to like different veggies more. Eggplant – blech. Something about cubes of day old, cold eggplant that just sticks in my craw…. However, I’m trying to give peace eggplant a chance. So I saw this on somebody’s web site. I couldn’t remember where, so I did a search and found this recipe which I modified
- 1 eggplant
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- Salt and hot pepper sauce to taste
- Slice eggplant into slices slices about 1/3-1/2 inch thick.
- Sprinkle slices with sea salt and let sit for 15 minutes (you can rinse or not)
- Roast the slices 20-30 minutes turning 1/2 way through.
- When eggplant is finished add with all other ingredients to food processor until smooth.
- Season to taste with the salt, and hot pepper sauce
- Chill until firm.